WordPress is an open source blog tool and publishing platform powered by PHP and MySQL. It’s often customized into a Content Management System (CMS). It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites and is the most popular CMS on the internet according to BuiltWith. It was first released on May 27, 2003, by Matt Mullenweg as a fork of b2/cafelog. As of February 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 32.5 million times. WordPress is currently the most popular CMS in use on the Internet.
These books will help you to use custom WordPress plugins and themes, retrieve data, maintain security, use social media, and modify your blog
In a world where blogs are all over the internet, designing an attractive one that stands out from the crowd can seem like a daunting task for anyone who has never done it before unless they have an easy-to-follow resource that will guide them through every step of the process. WORDPRESS FOR BEGINNERS: DESIGN YOUR OWN BLOG OR WEBSITE is that resource. The book’s primary value lies in its approach it is filled with hands-on examples and emphasizes real-world applications. Coverage begins with the basics of WordPress, focusing on the free version of the software. It then progresses to explore other topics, including one-click installs, registering a domain name, and basic customizations. After building this solid foundation in WordPress fundamentals, more advanced and highly valuable concepts are introduced, like search engine optimization, categorization capabilities, and social media promotion strategies. Perfectly aligned with the “anyone can do it” approach of WordPress itself, this all-in-one resource will provide first-time bloggers with the tools they need to build a well-designed, effective blog that won’t get lost in the blogosphere
The second edition of the Smashing WordPress has been updated for WordPress 3.1 +, which includes an internal, custom post types, admin bar, and many other useful new features. You will learn the core concepts used to build anything on WordPress, so that the rapid deployment and greater design flexibility. Inside, Thord Daniel Hedengren WordPress expert takes you beyond d and shows how WordPress blogs can serve as a CMS, photo gallery, and e-commerce sites, and more. This edition includes new examples and upgrades from the use of WordPress cool.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- THE ANATOMY OF A WP INSTALL AND HOW WORDPRESS ACTUALLY WORKS
- HOW TO BUILD BEAUTIFUL WORDPRESS THEMES – INCLUDING CHILD THEMES
- HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM LOGIN FORMS AND ADMIN THEMES
- HOW TO USE THE LOOP TO CONTROL CONTENT, AND EVEN USE ALTERNATIVES TO THE LOOP
- HOW TO INTEGRATE THEME OPTIONS
- HOW TO BUILD PLUGINS – INCLUDING WIDGET FUNCTIONALITY
- HOW TO BUILD YOUR WORDPRESS PROJECTS FOR SEO
- INTEGRATE WORDPRESS WITH THE SOCIAL WEB
- HOW TO CREATE AMAZING NAVIGATION
- HOW TO USE CONDITIONAL CONTROL ELEMENTS
How To: Build a Beautiful WordPress Themes, including Theme Child Create a Custom Login Form and Admin Themes Use Loop to Control the Content Building Plugins, including the Custom Functions Widget Use Heading Types and Custom Taxonomies Use Format Integrating Social Web Post WordPress with a Conditional Use Control Element Integrating the Options Project Build your WordPress Themes for SEO Thord Daniel Hedengren is a professional web designer and developer who has created a variety of WordPress themes, plugins developed, and put to use well lit WordPress blogs and websites both large editorial.
This is a comprehensive essential guide to WordPress security written in a light style, which converts learning a really serious topic to an enjoyable read. It is packed with copy-paste solutions to security to suit all levels of security know-how. Just as WordPress is used by a broad spectrum of website owners, with varying degrees of security know-how, so WordPress 3 Ultimate Security is written to be understood by security novices and web professionals alike. From site and server owners and administrators to members of their contributing team, this essential A to Z reference takes a complex and, let’s face it, frankly dull subject and makes it accessible, encouraging, and sometimes even fun. Even if you are a total newbie to security, you can transform an insecure site into an iron-clad fortress, safeguarding your site users, your content and, sooner or later, your stress level.
Overview of WordPress 3 Ultimate Security
- Know the risks, think like a hacker, use their toolkit, find problems first – and kick attacks into touch
- Lock down your entire network from the local PC and web connection to the server and WordPress itself
- Find out how to back up and secure your content and, when it’s scraped, know what to do to enforce your copyright
- Understand disaster recovery and use the best-of-breed tools, code, modules, techniques, and plugins to insure against attacks
- Learn fast with this easy-read, jargon-light book jam-packed with copy-paste solutions to suit all levels
- eBook available as PDF, ePub and Mobi downloads and also on PacktLib
This is a practical, hands-on book based around sound SEO techniques specifically applied to WordPress. Each chapter starts with a brief overview of the important concepts then quickly moves into practical step-by-step actions you can take immediately. Throughout the book, you’ll get clear instructions and detailed screenshots, so you can see exactly what to do each step of the way. This book is written for anyone using WordPress, ranging from owners of business sites to website developers and blog owners. Any WordPress user who wants to sell products or services, or send out a message to the world will find that getting better rankings in the search engines will help them reach their goal faster. Some prior knowledge of WordPress is expected but no prior knowledge of search engine optimization is needed for this book. Readers will get a deeper level of knowledge on how to make their website rank better and attract more visitors.
This book is written for anyone using WordPress, ranging from business site owners to developer website and blog owners. Any WordPress users who want to sell products or services, or send a message to the world will find that getting a better ranking in search engines will help them achieve their goals faster. Some prior knowledge of WordPress is expected but has no previous knowledge of search engine optimization needed for this book.
Tailor your blog with WordPress blogging software, whether you’re writing, editing, or publishing content. An understanding of WordPress’s dashboard controls and of the types of content available to you helps you get the most out of your blog. Also, when all else fails, it’s good to know where you can turn to for help with WordPress.
Potential and visitors experience.Presents direct coverage and easy to understand the basics of WordPress, the blogging software the most popular in todayDelves use becomes the most important topics for the WordPress community, such as the design theme, the development of plug-ins, and social media integrationAddresses how to handle a variety of network security issuesExamines WordPress WordPress The word on the street is that WordPress All-in-One For Dummies provides everything you need to know about WordPress in one convenient book!
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard custom built computer
- Powered by Article Dashboard home improvement logos
- Powered by Article Dashboard custom aquariums
- Powered by Article Dashboard personal injury attorney
- Powered by Article Dashboard packing to move
- Powered by Article Dashboard easy home improvement projects
- Powered by Article Dashboard aquarium basics
- Powered by Article Dashboard brain injury lawyers new
- Powered by Article Dashboard aquarium stand
- Powered by Article Dashboard aquarium sale
No related posts.